- My sisters and I dreaming of our holiday to Spain. I used the self-timer and at the last second the camera moved and captured the items in the room.
- Meditating sisters. This picture took a while to take because we had to help our little sister cross her legs.
- My sisters sitting on a leather sofa. I took this picture to capture them having a conversation about riding bikes.
- My sisters arguing over jewellery. It is easy to tell we are sisters because we often dress the same.
- Playing around in my cousin’s room. I took this picture while hiding in the corner so that it would appear natural.
- My cousin arguing on the phone. She was pretending that she worked at a confetti factory and someone had blown up a box creating a confetti explosion.
- A picture of my sister getting ready for a photo shoot. I took this picture because I liked the effect the mirror created.
- My mum posing for a picture in the living room. Our living room is filled with toys and souvenirs from all over the world.
- My dad’s outfit for the photo shoot. I took this picture because I liked the way the colours of the tie and the shirt went together.
- Birthday girl about to open presents. I like the effect of the natural light coming in from the window.
- This is the view from my mum’s bedroom window. I was watching them play and decided to take a picture because it looked peaceful.
- My sisters all packed up and ready to go. I took this picture while kneeling down because I wanted to capture the beautiful sky and clouds.
- A portrait I took of my hand at a playground in Hackney. I chose to take this picture because it has my two favourite colours, hot pink and electric blue.
- A picture of a family walking through Kingsmead estate. While walking through the estate I asked the family if they could pose for a picture against the mural.
Listen to Ferdosi recite her poem