- My dad, my mum and my aunty. I like this picture because everyone is doing their own thing and not posing for the camera.
- My mum and my dad in our front room. I like this picture because it was taken just before my dad fell off his chair and spilt his drink.
- My mum. This picture is blurred because my mum kept moving when I was trying to take the photo.
- My dad laying down watching TV. I asked my dad to pretend to be sick for this picture; it was like a photo shoot.
- My dad’s friend. I like this photo because you can’t see what he is looking at so it seems as if he is thinking.
- Me outside my auntie’s house. I wanted to take a picture of me looking like I was in jail, however it didn’t come out quite right.
- My cousin on the phone. I like this photo because of all the the detail in the picture, like the flowers and the bus.
- My mum on the bus. I did not use flash for this picture, as I wanted to get the lighting right.
- Hairdressers in Hackney. I took this picture from five different angles, but this one was the best.
- My mum’s hairdressers. I tilted the camera to make a cool angle.
Listen to Shamark recite her poem